Friends, Brothers, Sisters, Countrymen-
1. Scripture Songs & Hymns Vol. 2 is finally HERE!!! Get it today! $5! 8 brand new songs that I am stoked about. This is a digital release only, so you will only be able to get it on the webstore and it will also be on iTunes one week from today (July 20). Check it out and let me know what you think! The heart behind these projects is to simply set the Word of God to music so it’s gets in your head…and then eventually your heart. Melody to memory, memory to victory. So spread the word to your friends, youth pastors, etc. It’s a great resource for knowing the Word! (Don’t forget you can still purchase Scripture Songs & Hymns 1 on iTunes or in the webstore)
2. We have a couple of events coming up VERY SOON that I would GREATLY value your prayers for. We are honored to be a part of IYC Orlando this Thursday and Friday (July 15 & 16)…..some great bands will be there and Francis Chan will be speaking. Please pray that The Lord would have His way in hearts and meet with us those days….that His Kingdom would come and be advanced in the world because of what takes place there. It’s NOTHING without JESUS! Orlando friends we hope to see you there.
I am equally honored to be a part of the National Worship Leader’s Conference in Kansas City, MO this Tuesday July 20th. Please pray that The Lord would continue to allow “Open Hands” to be a blessing to His Bride, and pray that as thousands of worship leaders from across the U.S. meet together, that we would lay aside our pomp, entitlement, our CD’s, our starbuck’s & black rimmed glasses, and our rock-star-like images and just do what we call others to do so often…..just worship Jesus.
3. Our trip to India is coming up quite soon…August 4-14. We deeply need your prayers for this.
4. My wife and I are thrilled to be a part of Summit Church in Raleigh/Durham, NC. Lord willing, I will be helping with the worship there this fall and in the future and continue to host a “songwriters summit” once a month. Our Next Songwriters Summit will be Saturday, AUGUST 28th. Hope you can come! For more information on Songwriters Summit you can email me at email@example.com
5. My wife and I and also thrilled (and yes, MORE thrilled) to let you know that we are pregnant….again! Well, she’s pregnant. ”We’re pregnant” is a guys way of trying to include himself in the pain, burden, and difficulty that comes along with carrying and birthing a human life into the world…when the truth is, we (guys) have NO IDEA. Lauren Papa is my hero and I treasure her. I have so much respect for her and gratitude for her. A Godly wife is a gift from the Lord!
Well that’s all for now. As you can see this is my new blog (thanks to my AWESOME label Centricity Music!). So if you are the blogger type who follows blogs, you can follow this one. Lastly, as a reminder, I’ll be going to the studio this fall to record my 3rd full length project, so please pray that the Lord would inspire the songs on His heart.
Grace and peace to you all. Jesus is alive! Let’s live like it’s true -